Did you know that July was National Ice Cream Month? Did you know the 3rd Sunday in July is National Ice Cream Day?
In 1984, President Ronald Reagan officially declared the month of July, National Ice Cream Month. He went even further to declare the 3rd Sunday of July, National Ice Cream Day. I know you guys are probably wondering why I would even know this information. I recently took an Economics class where I did an entire paper on ice cream. I managed to write 11 pages on all things ice cream. Here’s a few things I found out that you may be interested to know.
Top Ice Cream flavors in the U.S.
- Mint Chocolate Chip
- Pralines and cream
- Cookies and Cream
Ice Cream Fun Facts
- Chocolate syrup is the world’s most popular ice cream topping
- 87% of Americans have ice cream in their freezer at any given time
- California produces the most ice cream in America
- Ice Cream was introduced to America in the 1700’s
- More ice cream is sold on Sunday than any other day of the week
- The use of the ice cream cone was popularized at the 1904 St. Louis World’s Fair
Most Expensive Ice Cream Sundae
Golden Opulence Sundae – $1000
Now that I’ve given you information that you probably didn’t care to know….GO GET SOME ICE CREAM! You can thank me later!!!